Monday, October 26, 2015

My Favorite Festivity

Hello! Today I will to talk about my favorite festivity, which is the new year's celebration. This event happens on December 31st at twelve o'clock and it continues until January 1st in  early morning.
In the beginning the new year wasn't celebrated on the date that we  are accustomed, even in many places it is still celebrated between March and April, like Iran, Irak and India. In Chile, the mapuche people celebrate it on June 23rd, and it is called "We Tripantu".
New Year is celebrated for the first time in Babilonia, 4000 years ago, it started with the first crescent moon later of the first day of spring.
The day of the celebration, generally my family (parents, brother and grandmom) and I help to prepare the dinner and we have dinner around  ten o'clock. At midnight we hug each other and after I go out with my friends where there are some parties.
I like this festivity because I consider that the people are very happy and everything is summarized in good wishes.


2 comments: